Rules and Regulations – Registration Link Below – READ THIS FIRST!
(registrations accepted until November 26th)
(Subject to change, amendments will be communicated via email to registered participants)
- PLEASE STAY IN YOUR ASSIGNED AREA AT ALL TIMES UNTIL THE PARADE BEGINS. Do not leave your area to socialize with others.
- MASKS are REQUIRED when not on your float or not able to socially distance (6 feet).
- FOR THIS YEAR ONLY, no items are to be handed out to the general public (candy included), and a 6-foot minimum distance must be maintained at all times from the spectators.
- COVID-19 PRE-SCREENING MUST BE DONE BY YOUR GROUP LEADER PRIOR to PEOPLE ARRIVING IN THE STAGING AREA. Please check with your group on the morning of using the standard protocol as required by the province.
- CONTRACT TRACING – you must keep a list of all participants and contact information, to be made available to the Rotary Club of Ingersoll if needed.
- Rotary volunteers will assist you with any problems (please co-operate with any instructions you receive)
- Each entry will be designated a number and will be notified by email or text before the Wednesday preceding the parade.
- All Float participants should be at the Staging area by 10:30 am at the latest
- Height restrictions: Floats, including decorations, cannot exceed 13 feet in height.
- NO HANDOUTS OF ANY KIND! This includes candy, flyers, coupons or any sort of propaganda.
- Owners of live animals in the parade will be responsible for cleaning up after the animals.
- Please DO NOT have any person dressed as Santa Claus on your float/entry. The parade committee has made arrangements to have Santa appear at the end of the parade. Elves are permitted and encouraged.
- Floats must be decorated appropriately and should be made of durable materials that will withstand the weather conditions. Please ensure the float decor is secure. No persons are permitted to ride on the floats after the disbandment area!
- Corporate vehicles are invited to participate in the parade but must be decorated to be able to participate!
- Floats with generators must have a fire extinguisher onboard and must keep all cardboard, paper, straw etc. at least 3 feet away from the generator.Communication is Key! Float/entry organizers MUST communicate with their drivers as to what is expected of them.
Set up/Staging Area
- Once you arrive, do NOT leave your assigned staging area. This is part of our COVID protocol.
- Entries should be assembled by 10:00am on Wilson Street and Janes Road. Access to set-up areas must be gained from Pemberton Street. Rotary volunteers will be present to assist you in finding your location. This should eliminate major traffic tie-ups on Mutual Street and floats.
- Participants on floats please ensure that everyone knows the registered name of your float/entry. This will greatly assist in guiding participants to the proper area during set up and staging. Set up areas will have numbered stakes.
- No other vehicles other than the parade vehicle will be permitted into the staging area, foot traffic only please!
- Washrooms may NOT be available, so please prepare and plan accordingly.
- The parade will start at 11:00am SHARP – a fire truck siren will sound to indicate that the parade has begun!
- Parade route: From Wilson Street and Janes Road staging areas to Mutual Street, to St. Andrews Street, to Thames Street, to Canterbury Street, to Wellington Street, to Caffyn St.
- Drivers: Please keep up to the natural flow of the parade. Do not obstruct the flow of the parade.
- It is the responsibility of the Float Organizer to communicate the following disband instructions to the parents/caregivers
- Parade will disband at Harrisfield School.
- All passengers must get off the float at the disband area. (The parade route is a closed circuit and it is illegal to be on a float traveling the roads outside of the parade route)
- Please watch for signs and follow the instructions of the parade marshalls and Rotary volunteers.
- Buses to return to the set up/staging area: Buses will be provided to return parade participants back to the starting point. PLEASE NOTE THAT NO EQUIPMENT WILL BE PERMITTED ON THE BUSES (such as band instruments)! PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT MASKS MUST BE WORN ON THE BUS AT ALL TIMES.
- Please inform the parents of the children on your float the busing details and pickup protocol you’ll be providing so there is no confusion or worry back at the fire hall.